Friday, January 15, 2010

I Won the 2009 LA Weekly's Web Award for LA's Best Flickr Pool!

Usually, I don't like to toot my own horn; however, I've been quietly proud of my Flickr Photo Collection, which as of today, contains 15,252 photos that depict quite a bit of LA's culinary, cultural and architectural landscape. So you can imagine how excited I was when I got an email from Erin Broadley, LA Weekly's Web Editor, telling me that I won the 2009 LA Weekly's Web Award for LA's Best Flickr Pool. It put a big smile on my face. So I thought this would be a great time to share some of my favorite photos with all of you. I'm by no means a professional photographer, but I hope you like seeing LA through my eyes.

More ...

Broadway Historic Theater District Walking Tour
Los Angeles Theater in Downtown LA



Korean Taco Tasting with Kogi BBQ
Spicy Pork and Short Rib Taco from Mobile Food Truck, Kogi BBQ



Walking the Greystone Park and Mansion
The Grounds of Greystone Mansion in Beverly Hills



Dinner at Lu Din Gee
Sweet and Sour Whole Fried Fish from the Now Closed Lu Din Gee in San Gabriel



1950s Gas Station & Garage
1950s Gas Station in Monrovia



"Xia Long Bao" Crawl in SGV
Soup Dumpling (Xiao Long Bao) from Din Tai Fung in Arcadia



Hollywood Forever Cemetery Tour & My Own Wanderings
Mausoleum in Hollywood Forever Cemetary in Hollywood



"Grilled Cheese Sandwich Tasting" at Meltdown etc
Cheddar, Ham and Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich from the Now Closed Meltdown, Inc in Culver City



Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels Tour
Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels in Downtown LA



Lunch at Wraps 360
Club Wrap from Java Go Go Cafe in Monrovia



"Art's a Trip" Gold Line Metro Rail Tour
Sierra Madre Villa Gold Line Station in Pasadena



Lunch at Rasraj
Dahipuri from Rasraj in Artesia (Little India)



"Art's a Trip" Red Line Metro Rail Tour (Part 1)
Mural in Los Angeles



"Dim Sum of the Month Club" at Sea Harbour
Crystal Shrimp Dumpling from Sea Harbor in Rosemead



"Art's a Trip" Gold Line Metro Rail Tour
On the Gold Line in Pasadena



Dinner at Alejandro's
Filipino Lumpia in the Now Closed Alejandro's in Glassell Park



Asian American Expo
Asian American Expo in Pomona



Tofu Festival Food and Fun!
2006 Tofu Festival in Los Angeles (Little Tokyo)



Alameda Swap Meet & La Casita Adventure
Alameda Swap Meet in Los Angeles



Alameda Swap Meet & La Casita Adventure
Churros in Alameda Swap Meet in Los Angeles

There's really no particular one reason why I like these particular photos. Some I like because of the color. Other because of composition or subject matter. All spoke to me in some fashion and hopefully, some of them did the same for you. If you'd like to take a look at more of my photos, click here!




^

10 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Congratulations!

Funny aside -- the word verification for this comment is "nuggets." :)

pleasurepalate said...

Thanks! Nuggets, huh? Either chicken or gold, I'd go for the gold. lol

EatTravelEat said...

Congrats! I remember FUZE at the Tofu festival when I was there. I think it might have been 2006 too when I went, don't remember though. What I do remember is taking home a nice glass bottle of FUZE and trying out their different products.

I really like the Club Wrap and the Gold Line photos. Nice work!

Daily Gluttony said...

Nice photos! Congrats!

pleasurepalate said...

ETE: The FUZE bottles were just so colorful. I knew I had to take that photo, but they also tasted pretty good. I still buy them every once in awhile.

DG: Thanks so much! Considering how gorgeous your photos are, I'm glad you liked the ones I posted.

Eddie Lin said...

Very happy for you! Nice work! I particularly lusted over the grilled cheese sandwich photo. Now that the restaurant is closed, I want it even more!

pleasurepalate said...

Eddie: Thanks so much! :) I know what you mean about that grilled cheese sandwich. It does look mighty tasty, but at least grilled cheese sandwiches aren't too hard to replicate if necessary.

Gastronomer said...

Congrats, Abby! Your LA photo collection kicks major ass!! Then again, you probably already knew that. I'll toot your horn for you.

Exile Kiss said...

Hi Abby,

I missed this post somehow, forgive me. A belated Congratulations! (^_^)/

That's so awesome (and you have so many beautiful pics). Keep it up! :)

pleasurepalate said...

Cathy: Thanks so much and all horn tooting on my behalf is much appreciated.

EK: Thank you so much, especially from someone who also takes great photos. :)