Friday, July 06, 2012

Thank You and Until We Eat Again



Hey everyone! I know it's been awhile. In fact, 3 months is the longest I've ever gone without writing a post. As you can probably tell from the "Thank You" graphic, this post is going to be quite different than the rest.

It all started actually 4 or 5 months ago when I somehow deleted over 300 photos from my Picassa Album. Of course, this was before I used Flickr to store my photos. Slowly, I started adding photos back, but I found myself procrastinating and just kept on putting up new blog posts instead.

However, when I found myself procrastinating even more when it came to writing up new blog articles, I realized that this way of blogging wasn't for me anymore. Don't get me wrong. I still enjoy eating out, but the whole process of doing restaurant critiques just wasn't something I wanted to put any more extra effort into.

After awhile, I decided that I needed to keep things simpler. I still wanted to share info about the restaurants I visit and the delicious meals I experience, so one thing I did was open up an Instagram account. In fact, I have posted over 600 photos there, with the majority being food. Click here to check out my Instagram profile. I'd love it if you follow me there.

Going forward, I decided to move from Blogger to Tumblr. What I like about Tumblr is that it feels more stream of consciousness to me. Posts can be brief and to the point with just text, a photo or both and that definitely suits me at this point in my life. Click here to follow me on Tumblr. I'm still new on Tumblr, so it's still a bit bare, but it won't be for long, so I hope you'll give it a chance.

Anyway, as I make this change in my "blogging" life, I did want to say a big "Thanks" to those of you who have read and commented on my blog posts. I've really appreciated the support. I'm also thankful for the many wonderful people I've met as well as for the unique culinary experiences I had as a direct result of writing this blog. It has been a wonderful 6-1/2 years and while it's an end for my "Blogger" life, my "Tumblr" life is just beginning.

Of course, being as socially media obsessed as I am, you can still:

Like the Pleasure Palate Facebook Page
Like the Show Some Filipino Food Love Facebook Page
Friend Me on Facebook
Follow Me on Twitter
Follow Me on Foursquare
Follow Me on Flickr
Follow Me on Foodspotting
Follow Me on Pinterest

Now you can also:

Follow Me on Instagram
Purchase My Instagram Photos Here
Follow Me on Tumblr

To end, I won't say good-bye. Instead, how about an "Until We Eat Again!" :)

1 comment:

Tiffin unBoxed said...

Hello Abby,

This news surprised me in some ways, but I completely understand your decision. We evolve over time and sometimes we have to clear out things we still enjoy to make time for new interests.

I look forward to enjoying more meals with you and staying connected through social networking. Thank you for all the guidance you've provided me in starting out my blog - your expertise was a great help and confidence booster.

Cheers!