Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Saigon Cuisine in Santa Ana

One Saturday I was in Orange County visiting a friend and we decided to check out a Vietnamese restaurant that was close to the movie theater we were going to see a movie at later on that evening. The restaurant's name is Saigon Cuisine. The menu looked interesting, but I was really in the mood for soup so I ordered the Crispy Chicken Noodle Soup, but once I saw that Avocado Milkshakes were on the menu, I had to have that, too.

I have to say that I really enjoyed that milkshake. It was thick and creamy and even had little chunks of avocado that hadn't been completely blended through. It was so good that I wish I had one in front of me right now. :)

I also liked my soup. It could have been a little richer, but it still had a good flavor. The crispy chicken, by the way, came out separately and it was fried to deep golden brown perfection. If I hadn't had the soup, I would have been just as happy to eat that chicken all by itself, even if my arteries would have been complaining the whole time.

My friend ordered the dry Vermicelli with eggroll, shrimp and pork and gave it a thumb's up. Overall, I'd make my way back to Saigon Cuisine again and this time with a bigger appetite so that I can sample more dishes.

To see pics, go to:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/la_addict/sets/72157594335178523/

Saigon Cuisine
3930 South Bristol Street Suite 109
Santa Ana, CA 92704
714-557-8824
http://www.saigoncuisinecali.com/

No comments: