Artisanal LA’s Spring Show Heads West
Called LA's Best Food Event of 2010, Artisanal LA returns bigger and better with another weekend long community shopping, tasting, and learning experience showcasing the city’s finest local, sustainable and handmade edibles Saturday and Sunday, April 16-17 in a brand new indoor event space at Santa Monica Place's Level 3 Dining Deck.
The Spring Show includes:
- Nearly a hundred local, artisanal and handmade food vendors to shop from
- Chef demos, expert led panels and speakers on local honey, craft beer, and more!
- Free hands-on workshops and cool activities
- Hosted beverages from Honest Tea, DRY Soda, Function, Coba and POM
- Local Wine Tasting hosted by Venokado (21+)
- Hosted Apothecary Bar from VeeV (21+)
- Organic spirits tasting with Tru Organic Spirits / Green Bar Collective (21+)
- Comfy lounge areas sponsored by Numi Tea & Magical Blooms
- A Preview of Santa Monica Place's 'The Market' and its purveyors before next month's Grand Opening
- Two café areas featuring first-time local purveyors, a preview of downtown's soon-to-open Daily Dose, and Intelligentsia
- Complimentary Bike Valet & 3-Hr Car Valet (w/ Dining Deck validation, first come, first served)
- DJ Bryan Davidson * Photo Booth
- Giveaways all weekend long
- Partial proceeds benefit St Vincent Meals on Wheels
Admission is $10 in advance online. Tickets are available online through Eventbrite and $15 day of event at the door - cash only, capacity allowing. The expected attendance is approximately 7-10k over two days. (More than 5k attended the inaugural show last Fall.) To ensure entry, attendees are encouraged to buy their tickets in advance online. If pre-sale tickets sell out, they may not be available at the door.
They're offering numerous parking options including Complimentary Bike Valet on 4th St and 3-Hr Hosted Car Valet (w/restaurant validation) on 2nd St & 4th St in addition to Santa Monica Place's parking lots (2 hours free) and the City of Santa Monica's numerous lots that are walkable to the venue.
Sponsors and Supporters Include
Santa Monica Place, GOOD, Slow Food LA, Santa Monica Farmers Market, Cart for a Cause, Numi Tea, Your Daily Thread, Edible Westside, Green Bar Collective, VeeV, Eagle Rock Brewery, Intelligentsia, Honest Tea, DRY Soda, POM, Function Drinks, Coba
Artisanal LA Online
You can find Artisanal LA online on our website, Twitter and Facebook Fan Page:
They have favorites returning and dozens of new vendors to share at the Spring Show. A complete list (we add to daily) can be found online here.
Weekend Programming: Chef Demos, Panels and Workshops
The Spring Show is as much about the programming as it is the shopping! Spring Show programming includes:
PANELS on the local craft beer movement; urban homesteading with Winnetka Farms, Mariposa Creamery and The Urban Homestead; a behind the scenes look at local farmers markets moderated by Laura Avery; and the Backwards Beekeepers on local honey.
DEMOS Mixologist Matt Biancaniello doing market fresh cocktails; cooking classes with Gourmandise School of Savories & Sweets; and butchering with Rocker Brothers.
WORKSHOPS Learn about everything from setting an eco table and baking bread to hand tying garden bouquets and organizing a community food swap.
BOOK SIGNING Ani Phyo will be talking about and signing her new book 'Ani's Raw Food Asia' that won't be released until May!
Complete schedule (subject to change) can be found online here.