Friday, September 07, 2007

Cafe Verde

I'm not normally much of a sandwich person, so when I have one that is tasty, I have to tell people about it. Thanks to Wendy T for taking me to this little treasure for lunch and by little, I'm not kidding. The interior of Cafe Verde is small and can probably fit about 16 to 20 people and that's pretty much it.

As for lunch, I started off with a non-alcoholic cranberry mixed drink, which was nicely tart and quite refreshing. For my meal, I opted for their chicken salad with pico gallo. First off, I have to say that I love that the bread was toasted. Also, they were nice to let me switch out the housemade potato chips that normally comes with their sandwich with a salad.

When I finally took a bite of my sandwich, I was just over the moon over that chicken salad. The addition of the pico de gallo was absolutely wonderful. I really enjoyed the fresh juicy bite of the tomatoes and the small bits of cilantro added a nice flavor dimension. The chicken was tender and moist and considering that it was white meat, that's a pretty good accomplishment.

Having worked in the produce industry for 11 years, I also really appreciate it when the greens in my salad look and taste fresh and thank goodness there wasn't a heavy hand with the dressing in the kitchen. Limp leaves are just a waste of dressing and not appealing at all.

Overall, it was a good lunch. The service was spot on. Our food arrived promptly and our water glasses were always filled. What more can you ask for? I definitely look forward to checking out more of their menu at another time, perhaps dinner one night.

To see pics, go to:

Cafe Verde
961 E Green St
Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 356-9811



Cafe Verde on Urbanspoon

No comments: